Only a few people manage to live longer than 100 years, and Bernard LaPallo, lived a happy, fulfilling, and healthy life well into his second century. This man was born in 1901 in Victoria, Brazil, and as a little boy, he migrated to the United States.
He managed to have four careers during the 110 years of his life.
In the 1920s, he started out as a 5-star chef, then ran a successful massage practice for 20 years after obtaining his license at the age of 71, and later in life, he became an author and lecturer.
At the age of 73, he graduated from New York University for reflexology and podiatry and delved into the study of herbology with Dr. Richard Schulze of the American Botanical Pharmacy.
When he was recognized as the oldest living Yankee, he became popular and used his fame to inspire thousands of other people. During his entire life, he was dedicated to a healthy lifestyle and healthy everyday routines.
He ate the same food every day, and was best known for his catchphrase, “Keep your liver and colon clean”. His diet included 5 key foods, and he believed that were responsible for his longevity: cinnamon, garlic, chocolate, olive oil, and honey.
Garlic is loaded with nutrients, lowers the risk of heart disease and blood pressure, while the healthy oils of olive oil improve heart and brain health. Moreover, cinnamon, honey, and chocolate have potent antioxidant properties that improve overall health.
Moreover, he ate soups, salads, whole grains, and organic fruits and vegetables. On the other hand, he avoided French fries, red meats, and hot dogs, claiming they are linked to cancer and serious health risks.
He regularly exercised both his mind and body by walking, reading, and doing crossword puzzles. In his book, Beyond 100: How to Live Well Into Your Second Century, he claims that we are nothing without our health.
Power Living listed some of his secrets for longevity, health, and wellbeing he reveals there:
“1. Strive for obedience and moderation. Do what you know is right (e.g. what and how to eat, how long to exercise). Don’t just say you’re going to do it…take action consistently. Also, don’t do anything in excess. Moderation in everything is key.
2. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Bernando is primarily a vegetarian who loves all kinds of berries and melons–preferably organic–and he believes mushrooms heal and prevent diseases like cancer and diabetes. Other favorites include applesauce, avocado, carrots, cabbage, sweet potato, and spinach.
3. Keep your colon clean. Juicing can help cleanse the body. Drink two glasses of fresh vegetable juice a day and cut down on added sugar.
4. Drink plenty of water. All the water Bernando drinks–a half a gallon a day-is boiled and then put in the icebox to eliminate toxins. He believes that no germs can live under conditions of extreme heat or cold.
5. Get at least six hours of sleep a night. He is generally in bed by 9:30 pm and up at 3:30 or 4 in the morning.
6. Exercise your body and mind. Bernando likes to exercise his arms as he walks and he does crossword puzzles to give the brain a boost. He follows the adage, “An ounce of prevention is worth a thousand pounds of cure.”
7. Relax! Bernando learned from his father that stress is a killer. He says, “We live for a comparatively brief moment in time. We will be dead for a long time. Enjoy every moment while you are alive.”
Without a doubt, he reaped the numerous benefits of such a healthy lifestyle!
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.