If you don’t get enough magnesium every day, you’re doing your body a huge disservice. This mineral is needed for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body, and is responsible for proper bowel function, heart muscle contraction, relaxation of blood vessels, regulation of blood sugar levels, proper bone and teeth formation, creation of ATP (energy molecules of the body), and reduces cancer risk.
So, you can see why not getting enough may be severely hindering your health and overall potential for feeling vibrant and lively every single day.
In 2009, the World Health Organization published a report that stated over 75% of Americans consumed less magnesium than they needed. That’s quite a lot, considering magnesium is the 4th most abundant mineral in the body (along side calcium, potassium, and phosphorous).
Why Is Magnesium So Important?
As mentioned above, magnesium is a cofactor in more than 300 enzymatic reactions in the body. These reactions govern protein synthesis, muscle and nerve function, blood glucose control, blood pressure regulation and so much more.
Magnesium allows nerves to send messages in the brain and nervous system, and is a healthy part of bone and a necessary element in healthy calcium regulation. It is involved in the active transport of calcium and potassium ions across cell membranes, a process that is important for nerve pulse conduction, muscle contraction, and normal heart rhythm.
Magnesium must be continually supplied to the body as it is needed on an on-going daily basis. When we don’t take in adequate magnesium every day, our bodies either remove magnesium from our bones (where it is desperately needed), or functions in deficiency.
When we become magnesium deficient, the balance of other minerals in the body is also disrupted, which can cause problems that reverberate throughout the body’s systems.
32 Signs To Look Out For:
Low magnesium intake has been linked to the following conditions:
– Osteoporosis (50-60% magnesium is stored in the bones!)
– High blood pressure
– Type II diabetes
– Memory loss
– Potassium deficiency (can cause extreme thirst, irritability, and fluid retention)
– Muscle cramps or tremors
– Irregular heart beat
– Blood clots
– Difficulty swallowing
– Liver and kidney disease
– Bowel disease
– Calcium deficiency
– Respiratory difficulties
– Fertility issues
– Tooth decay
– Raynaud’s syndrome
– Personality changes
– Loss of appetite
– Reduced ability to learn
Certain people are more prone to magnesium deficiency, such as those with gastrointestinal diseases, diabetes, alcohol dependence, or adults over the age of 50.
Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDAs) for Magnesium
How To Get More Magnesium
The good thing about being magnesium deficient is that you can easily reverse it.
Adding more magnesium-rich foods into your diet, such as those listed below, can help you increase your levels.
Foods high in magnesium:
– Cacao (272 mg, 68% DV)
– Hemp Seeds (per 1/4 cup – 256 mg, 64% DV)
– Pumpkin Seeds (per 1/4 cup – 184 mg, 46% DV)
– Chia Seeds (per 1/4 cup – 130 mg, 34% DV)
– Sesame Seeds (per 1/4 cup – 126 mg, 32% DV)
– Sunflower Seeds (per 1/4 cup – 113 mg, 29% DV)
– Cashews (per 1/4 cup – 110 mg, 27% DV)
– Almonds (per 1/4 cup – 100 mg, 25% DV)
– Spinach (79 mg, 20% DV)
– Swiss Chard (81 mg, 20% DV)
– Tempeh (77 mg, 19% DV)
– Beet Greens (70 mg, 17% DV)
– Black Beans (70 mg, 17% DV)
– Quinoa (64 mg, 16% DV)
– Bananas (1 cup mashed – 61 mg,15% DV)
– Navy Beans (53 mg, 13% DV)
– Buckwheat (51 mg, 13% DV)
– Pinto Beans (50 mg, 12% DV)
– Green Peas (33 mg, 8% DV)
– Turnip Greens (31 mg, 8% DV)
You can also absorb magnesium through your skin by applying special magnesium creams, or magnesium oil sprays, and by taking epsom salt baths.
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.