Beetroot is one of the healthiest vegetables in the world. It’s a nutrient-dense super-food packed with essential nutrients. It’s a good source of vitamin A, B vitamins, vitamin C, iron, potassium, manganese, fiber, copper, zinc, selenium, phosphorus, magnesium, and calcium. It’s also packed with powerful antioxidants like flavonoids, phenolic acids, carotenoids, betalain, and anthocyanin.
Although available all year round, this root vegetable is sweetest and most tender during its peak season, from June to October. It should be consumed raw and uncooked as cooking might destroy most of its nutrients.
11 Reasons Why You Should Consume Beetroot Every Day:
– It may help dilate and relax your blood vessels
The naturally-occurring salt called nitrate found in beetroot is converted to nitric oxide in your body. Nitric oxide may help dilate and relax your blood vessels, boosting your blood flow. The amino acid called betaine found in this vegetable may help prevent the build-up of homocysteine in your blood, preventing circulation problems.
– It may help improve your skin health
Beetroot contains folate, which’s one of the B vitamins important for skin health. It may help stimulate re-pigmentation of white skin patches of vitiligo and prevent skin cancer. Beetroot is also a great source of vitamin C that may help clear your blemishes, even out your skin tone and give it a natural glow.
– It may help enhance your liver health
Beetroot is a unique source of betalains – a kind of phytonutrient, which has potent anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and detoxification properties. This root vegetable acts as an excellent liver cleanser and may help support proper liver function. With the help of compounds like glycine and methionine, it may help prevent fatty acids from building up in your liver and improve your liver health.
– It might help prevent cancerous tumor formation or reduce cancerous cell proliferation
The betanin (a form of betalain) found in beetroot might help prevent cancerous tumor formation and reduce cancerous cell proliferation. It might have the power to prevent the formation of prostate, skin, lung and breast cancer. Beetroot juice, when consumed along with carrot extract, might aid in the treatment of leukemia.
– It may help relieve constipation
This root vegetable is high in dietary fiber that may help stimulate the nerves in your intestines and improve your body’s ability to digest food. The high dietary fiber content may add bulk to your stool and relieve constipation.
– It may help alleviate menstrual pain and menopause symptoms
Menopause and menstruation are known to cause an influx of hormones. But, the phytochemicals found in beetroot may help balance your hormones and stimulate the production of estrogen, minimizing your monthly rollercoaster. This super-food is also packed with iron, which may help prevent iron deficiency, reduce irritability and fatigue. Also, it is a good source of folate (vitamin B9), which may help regulate menstrual periods.
– It may help boost your mood and improve your mental health
Beetroot possesses tryptophan, an amino acid that may help promote feelings of relaxation and well-being. The betaine found in this root vegetable may help induce the metabolization of body chemical SAM-e that’s a natural anti-depressant. Beetroot may help improve blood flow to your brain, enhance cognitive function, and prevent dementia.
– It may help enhance your muscle strength and boost your endurance and stamina
Beetroot may feed your muscles with increased iron-rich blood flow, magnesium and nitrites. The nitrate content found in this vegetable turns into nitric oxide, reducing the oxygen cost of low-intensity exercise while improving the stamina for high-intensity exercise. This means that drinking beet juice may help increase your muscle strength and boost your endurance during a workout.
– It may help prevent oxidative stress-induced changes, decrease your glucose levels, and elevate your insulin sensitivity
The antioxidant called alpha-lipoic acid found in beetroot may help prevent oxidative stress-induced changes, decrease your glucose levels, and elevate your insulin sensitivity. The alpha-lipoic acid may also help alleviate the symptoms of autonomic neuropathy and peripheral neuropathy.
– It may help improve your respiratory health
This vegetable is packed with vitamin C, which’s a potent antioxidant that may help boost your immune system. Vitamin C may help support proper function of your white blood cells that are your body’s primary line of defense against foreign bodies, improving your respiratory health.
– It may help reduce your blood pressure
Beetroot juice may help reduce both your diastolic and systolic blood pressure. The nitrates found in beetroot may help dilate and relax your blood vessels, increase your blood flow, and reduce your blood pressure.
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.