Stepping into a hot shower can help release all the tension you’ve gathered after a long, stressful day. Now imagine breathing in deep to a minty sweet aroma as it mixes with the steam—a distinctive scent that could only derive from a eucalyptus plant.
With flu season right around the corner, a steamy shower can do wonders to loosen mucus and relieve congestion if you fall ill. Eucalyptus, in particular, is known to relieve upper respiratory issues. That’s why it’s a common ingredient in over-the-counter chest rubs as well as humidifiers.
So, grab some eucalyptus and get ready to open up you’re very own personal spa!
- It will awaken your senses
- It might prevent your next headache
- It can prevent inflammation
- It can soothe muscle tension
- It will help you destress
- It will help open your nasal passages and you’ll breathe easier
- Will freshen the bathroom
THE IDEA IS TO HANG EUCALYPTUS AROUND YOUR SHOWER HEAD, SO THAT IT’S NOT DIRECTLY BENEATH THE WATER.
Instead, you want it to hang around or over the shower nozzle, so that you benefit from the aromatherapy without beating the plant to death after a quick shower.
How to Make it:
First you’ll want to get a bouquet of eucalyptus. I bought mine at the farmers market for $5.00. You should be able to find it at a florist or your grocery store. I chatted with the vendor for a while. She said eucalyptus, in the shower, is good for a month before it starts to dry out. You can also dry it and keep it in a vase indefinitely. I had too much for a shower bundle. Half is used as decoration in the living room, and the other half is proudly hanging in the shower.
Eucalyptus is incredibly sticky so be prepared! It’s also really difficult to cut. It’s much easier to snap it, and then try to cut it where it’s been snapped. I actually used a knife to cut it.
Next you’ll want to gather a handful of branches roughly the same size and tie a knot around them. I used some organic cotton twine I’ve had for ages. Once the life of your cotton twine has come to an end don’t forget to compost it!
I cut a long piece and kept wrapping it to make it look more bouquet like. Each time I went around I pulled the string tighter. The pieces can get wily and I wanted it to be more streamlined.
Then just tie it to the base of your shower head! You are all set!
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.