Garlic (Allium sativum), is a member of the lily family and cousin to onions, leeks and chives. It’s been historically used by many cultures since ancient times as a flavoring agent in cooking and as a potent medicine to prevent and treat a wide range of serious health conditions and diseases.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ORGANIC GARLIC
The primary health benefits of garlic are due to a sulfur compound known as allicin, which also gives garlic its pungent odor. A mere one milligram of allicin is nearly 15x as potent as penicillin.
The compound offers a broad spectrum of protection against pathogenic bacteria, viruses, parasites, antibiotic resistant MRSA, yeast infections, and is one of many amazing cancer-fighting foods.
Garlic contains 33 active sulfur-containing substances. When ingested, allicin converts to sulfenic acid, which is the fastest acting free radical eliminator bar none. Recently, the University of Florida found eating garlic increased the number of virus fighting T-cells in the bloodstream.
Savvy health experts increasingly promote eating whole foods as a foundational healing method as opposed to taking supplements, especially when it comes to garlic. Eating fresh, raw garlic is by far the best way to ensure garlic’s numerous health benefits. The very best way to eat garlic for health purposes is to first press a fresh clove with a garlic press, or chop it, or smash it with the back of a knife. Then wait about 5 minutes or so before consuming.
This ritual activates the potent, medicinal allicin in garlic.
NOTE: If you buy powdered, granulated, or jarred minced garlic you will not experience the full spectrum of medicinal benefits that garlic offers.
FOOD IS THE BEST MEDICINE:
52-CLOVE GARLIC SOUP
Note: This soup recipe incorporates all the above recommended methods of maximizing garlic’s health benefits, and it’s delicious!
- 26 garlic cloves (unpeeled)
- 1 big onion (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons organic olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (¼ stick) organic butter (grass fed)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon turmeric
- ½ cup fresh sliced ginger
- 2¼ cups sliced onions
- 1½ teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 26 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup raw, organic pastured milk or coconut milk (homemade is best) or your favorite substitute
- 3½ cups organic vegetable broth
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place 26 (unpeeled) garlic cloves in a small glass baking dish. Add 2 tablespoons organic olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and toss to coat. Cover baking dish tightly with foil and bake until garlic is golden brown and tender, about 45 minutes. After cooling, squeeze garlic between fingertips to release cloves. Transfer cloves to small bowl.
- Melt organic, pastured butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, thyme, ginger, turmeric, cayenne powder and cook until onions are translucent, about 6 minutes or so.
- Split the 26 peeled garlic cloves into portions of 12 and 14 and crushed them. Set aside the 12 crushed garlic.
- Now add the 14 peeled, crushed garlic cloves and the sliced onion, to the roasted garlic and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Next add vegetable broth; cover and simmer until garlic is very tender, about 20 minutes. Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth. Return soup to saucepan; add almond milk or substitute and bring to simmer.
- Lastly, add the 12 crushed garlic cloves ( that were set aside) to the pureed soup and stir. Don’t forget to season with a good quality sea salt and lots of fresh ground pepper.
- Finish with a squeeze of the juice from 1 lemon wedge into each bowl and serve hot.
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.